Shoplifters 8 — Expanded
This piece is part of the AAVVGG Archive and not currently part of the collection.
Shoplifters 8: New Type Design has been reprinted in a revised and expanded edition.
Shoplifters 8 looks at contemporary typeface design. It features over 100 new, in progress, or unreleased typefaces. It also features an interview with designer Berton Hasebe, an excerpt of a research project and book on the Facit Corpor- ation by Our Polite Society, and a section on real and speculative type design tools by Dinamo. Intro written by Kris Sowersby (Klim Type Foundry).
Shoplifters is a bi-annual publication featuring the work of contemporary artists, photographers, designers, illustrators etc,. Shoplifters doesn’t have a single identity, it’s size, paper, typography, and tone changes each time it’s published.
- 110 typefaces by over 60 designers
- Facit AB–Z (Excerpt) by Our Polite Society
- Interview with Berton Hasebe (By Harry Gassel)
- "Tools" by Dinamo
- Intro written by Kris Sowersby
- PAGES: 648
- BINDING: Hardcover
- TYPE: RH Inter by Robert Huber and Simon Mono by JP Haynie and Robert Janes
- CATALOG#: N04-016
- Designed by Actual Source
- Published by Actual Source