This piece is part of the AAVVGG Archive and not currently part of the collection.
Together with the hanging lamps, these ceiling lamps are the first design objects Fien Muller and Hannes Van Severen created as a design duo back in 2011. They presented the objects during a solo exhibition at Valerie Traan, the gallery of valerie_objects’ art director. The lamps appear to be almost naive drawings materialized in the air, adding a playful line of color to the space.
The design is utterly simple, consisting of nothing more than a bended and lacquered steel tube and an archetypical lampshade on top. “Initially we dug up the lampshade at a flee market." Hannes Van Severen says. “It has a fantastic form: perfectly neutral." It is this sense of clarity that Muller Van Severen is renowned for. Just as their other furniture, the Ceiling Lamp creates space rather than filling it up.
The Ceiling Lamp series is available in three heights/sizes and in black or brass.
- Muller Van Severen, Belgium (2011)
- Solid brass with brass fittings and glass shade
- Made in the Netherlands
- Total Width 66.5cm / 26.2"
- Total Height 117.5cm / 46.3"
- Steel Tube Diameter 1.8cm / .7"
- Glass Shade Diameter 25cm / 9.8"
- Cable 2M / Feet, white textile
- Weight 6kg
- E27 Bulb
- 120 Volts
- Hardwired installation required
- Notes This light has been adapted for use in Canada/USA. European model available upon request. Brass will patina over time.